Sunday, November 6, 2016

Get Me a Switch From the Willow Tree - A Backstreet Song

Get Me a Switch from the Willow Tree

I was playing too hard and strayed from our yard
To the shade of the old willow tree
When a neighbor called out and let out a shout
He’s over here, Esther, with me.

My mother walked over, through the yard laced with clover
And pulled on my arm as she said,
“You’re not s’posed to go, from our yard to and fro
Or your bottom will have to be red.”

Chorus:
“Go get me a switch from the willow tree
And it better not be too thin
Lest I’ll go get another, bigger switch- angry mother
And whip you ‘til you lose that grin.”

Henrietta and Gladys, Mary and Norma
And mothers who lived on our street
Shared from the tree to keep order and peace
And control where we went with our feet

When cold winds would blow with the road deep in snow
Our moms would keep us from the slush
And bypass the willow, still we’d sit on a pillow
Cause then they would spank with a brush.

Chorus.

Jimmy and Danny, Donna and Peggy,
Many others and Mike and Pat
Knew the willow and sometimes the pillow
Our mothers would all see to that.

The switches were blessed with the willow tree’s zest
And the kids knew it stung with each whack
But try as we may, if we cheated at play
We found our moms sending us back.

Chorus

As we became parents directing our kids
Who begged us for safety and rules
We tried discipline, but they’d do it again
Treating their parents like fools.

Then…We’d look for a tree, an old willow tree
 And tell them to get us a switch
Or stay in “Time Out” and don’t give a shout
And don’t even act like you itch.

Chorus

1 comment:

  1. Loan Opportunity Offered By Mr, Benjamin That Save My Family From Financial Bondage {  247officedept@gmail.com  }

    Hello Everyone, I am Putri Adiratnaa single mom from Jakarta, I would like to share this great testimony on how I got a loan from Mr, Benjamin, when we were driven out of our home when I couldn't pay my bills anymore, After being scammed by various companies online and denied a loan from my bank and some other credit union I visited. My children were taken by foster care, I was all alone in the street. The day I shamefully walked into an old school mate who introduced me to Daisy Maureen. At first I told her that I am not ready to take any risk of requesting a loan online anymore, but she assured me that I will receive my loan from them. On a second thought, due to my homelessness I had to take a trial and applied for the loan, luckily for me I received a loan of $80,000.00 from Mr, Benjamin. I'm happy I took the risk and applied for the loan. My kids have been given back to me and now I own a home and a business of my own. All thanks and gratitude goes to  the help of Mr, Benjamin for giving me a meaning to life when I had lost all hope. If you are currently seeking loan assistance, you can contact them via: {247officedept@gmail.com    WhatsApp +1-989-394-3740.

    ReplyDelete